Wednesday, May 15, 2013

WHY DOES eBAY BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS THEM?

Today's rant.

eBay recently raised their listing fees on auction type listings from 10 cents to 30 cents (200%) increase. They also raised their final value fee to 10%.  They want and encourage you to start your auction type listings at 99 cents, which I do.  Say the item ends up selling for the 99 cents, I now have paid about 40 cents to e-bay even before I collect the 99 cents from the buyer. When buyer pays for the item, PayPal (owned by eBay) takes their percentage. Guess who makes money on the transaction and guess who does all the work and loses money on the transaction?

WHY DOES eBAY BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS THEM?

It's late at night, but I had to get this off my chest before I went to sleep. Good night!

3 comments:

  1. it doesn't seem fair, but then again I bet everyone will go on paying it and they won't lose any business over it. I guess they will raise it as much as they can get away with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. eBay is like the weather, everyone complains about it, but no-one does anything about it.

    ReplyDelete